Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sick and Tired

In recovery from addiction, there is a saying about how people feel when they have hit rock bottom and they know it is time to make a change in their life. Basically, they say that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I've had this feeling lately that I am not living up to my obligation of being an elder in the Lord's church. Everybody knows that they can do more for the kingdom, but for me, there has been this nagging feeling lately. Several things have occured recently that really made me feel like an ignored or a second class citizen in the Lord's church.

I spoke to Robert about this yesterday and poured myself out to him. He has kind of noticed the same thing. So, without going into great detail, I am going to ask that you pray for our eldership, that we can be more bold without being haughty, that we can reach out more and make people feel more at ease with who we are and what we are about.

Short, simple and to the point. I covet your prayers.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Our eldership has been in many a prayer for quite some time.

Let us dwell on the good rather than pick at the bad. No wound will heal that keeps getting picked on.

I learned in teaching many a year ago as I know you know but if you will recall that one negative comment will destroy tons of compliments and the negative is what we will remember. But if we will look past the negatives and focus on the good we will overcome.

I love you. I love those other elders. You are in my prayers. You ARE doing a good job.

Cryssy said...

You got 'em!!