Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quotes & Sayings

*Editor's note: inspired by Erin

Okay, we have all heard sayings that meant something to us. Those phrasings of words that seemed to consisely explain something or was able to bring an issue into clearer focus. There have been untold numbers of books written that contained famous sayings and quotes. What are some of your favorites? Have you made up any? Some that you tend to live by? Here are a few of mine:

The name fo this blog: TANGAT (There Ain't No Grey Area There). This is kind-of, sort-of borrowed. I started using it in reference to God's Word in that there is not alot of room for debate about certain subjects.

Personal motto: Doing the best I can with what I got (I know...I know, it's not grammatically correct).

For us morning people: Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise (I don't care about early birds who eat worms...I eat cereal for breakfast).



What are your thoughts...share with me.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

When I say, 'I'm full as a dog tick in the back of a gutt truck', it really helps me to not think of eating for a while.
And 'Oh, the love in this room!' is probably my favorite. it brings what should be and isn't, or what is and is real good (talk about bad grammer) or it brings back into prospective what should be at all times.

Dana said...

There are TONS of quotes that I love. It is hard to chose one but today, this one is my favorite. It makes me laugh because it is so true!

"Yes, well, we dream on a budget here, don't we?"

Amy said...

I'd have to say one of my favorites, one I've given the girls many times is "To thine own self be true." When all is said and done, we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and feel good at who we see staring back at us.

Cryssy said...

I don't have any favorites! How sad!!

Jackie said...

k andy. time for a new blog.

The Johnsons said...

Hey Dad - when are you going to update your blog?!