Friday, June 08, 2007

What a week!!

This seems to have been a really long week. I have been so tired every day. You would think that sitting at a desk all day talking to people would not be too hard. I think, though, that most of my fatigue is mental. Having to be mentally on your toes dealing with people's issues and problems and ready to deal with whatever comes your way . . it can just really be exhausting. And trying to wind down . . . I'm better at that than in the past. But, still . . .

I have thought all week that it was not the day it was. Must be wishful thinking. On Tuesday evening I was thinking how grateful I was that tomorrow was Thursday. My philosophy is that if I can get up on Thursday morning, I have the week made and Friday will be a breeze. On Wednesday morning I was thinking about having to get up only one more day. Then, this morning, thinking it was Saturday morning, I woke up at about 4:00 am and thought about how nice it is going to be not to have to get up with the alarm clock. That dream was shattered at 5:45 am by the alarm clock reminding me that today was Friday.

So, what good happened this week:

Monday - Had a good visit with the Wharton's. Enjoyed watching Amy and Shanon get to spend time together.

Tuesday - Court went smoothly, surprisingly so since it was a double-court day.

Wednesday - Spent the evening in fellowship with brethern.

Thursday - Had a good breakfast with Ray. Spurs won!! . . . and more fellowship.

Friday - A quiet day at work playing catch up and preparing for the next week. Get to go home once I reach my 40 hours (about 2:15 pm).

However, chores at home await. Guess I'll just shift gears.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

i have been like all week also. BUT TODAY is friday!!!! Enjoy your friday and saturday and sunday. :)

Jackie said...

I look forwar to Saturdays so I have help with the horses.

You know, if I put as much passion into my marriage as I do my horses . . .