Monday, June 11, 2007

A Dark Sky Over Death Valley (Pt. 3)

It's HEErrree! I received the photo that I have been talking about. It arrived this past Saturday. I opened the front door of the house to go check the mail and there is this round cylinder in the middle of the doorway. Normally, the post man/woman will ring the doorbell to let us know there is something that will not fit into the mail box. But not this time . . . It just sort of showed up.

I've had it on the kitchen table so as to look at it. It is an awesome picture. It is all in black and white and clearly shows the Milky Way. Some of the stars are a bit blurry since it is a panorama but that just adds to the nature of the scene. I showed it to Caleb and told him some of my ideas for the frame and matting. I guess I'll be over to his shop soon.

Can't wait to see it on the wall at the office.

Next stop: Mount Everest!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

You need to put a picture of it on the blog once it's finished!