Friday, January 26, 2007

Batter up!!

So..here I sit having lunch on a Friday. It has been a hectic couple of weeks and I really have not had the opportunity to blog. As many of you know, I am not a real spontanious person. I have to have things planned out in advance for me to feel comfortable. I can do things on the spur of the moment but it ususally has to be my idea before I can get into the mood of the moment. I don;t just blog. I make notes, think about what it is I am writing about, think about it, write, rewite and them...maybe...publish...if I don't change my mind...again...later in the day...

Anyway, I said all that to say this...guess I'll follow in Jackie's footsteps and just "ramble". For me that is spontanious.

Life has thrown me a curveball from a left handed pitcher. It came way inside and I did not back off the plate as it whistled past my ear. I clearly remember the thwomp with which the ball hit the catcher's mit and the smell of the powder from the impact. It was called a ball, it did not scare me, I get another chance. But I have to be ready for what may come next. So, while the pitcher decides what is to come next, I have the opportunity to ponder the same. Can I out guess him or will he out guess me? I am ready, I know I have my team behind me, and they will support me in whatever happens. The third base coach has passed on the sign. But, I am the only one out here right now. It is up to me in how I handle this situation. Think I'm going to back off the plate for a second and take a few moments..

While I believe in praying specifically for events and occasions in our lives, I am now asking for general prayers for comfort and peace. I am not ready to be specific in my request yet. When I am, you'll know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy!! Know that we may be far, but we're close in thoughts and prayers!!! Kandi

Amy said...

I am so blessed to have you batting with me on this... no strike-outs allowed!!