Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's that time of year, again!

Yup...January 1. Time for the ol' resolutions to be brought out. Time for some introspection and soul searching. Unfortunately, I believe that I have kept far fewer of my resolutions than I care to admit. So, I have a few resolutions this year that are more generic. I think we fail to keep our promises to ourselves when we get too specific and rigid. This year I have written a few that are more open-ended and leave a bit more room for give and take. Kind of like life when you sometimes get thrown hither-and-yon.

Here are a few of mine. I share them with you as I would like for you to keep an eye on me and hold me accountable. I am not kidding!! I think we would be more successful if we share our hopes and dreams, successes and failures with each other. I share them with you as I want your input into my life. I think it will help us to be more like the people God wants us to be.

So...in no particular order:
  • Spend more time in Scripture,
  • Live a more healthy lifestyle,
  • Finish what I start,
  • Be more patient,
  • Listen.

Tell me some of yours. That way we can wade through this life together.

No comments: