Friday, December 22, 2006

Ebenezer Scrooge

That is how I feel.

I am not in the mood or spirit for this Christmas season. Don't know why. I told Amy I think it is because of all the changes going on at work and the events of the past few months at church. No matter how hard I try to "get" myself in the mood, it just does not work. Neither the decorations, music, television specials or seasonal movies seem to have any affect on me. Instead of going to Houston this weekend, I would be perfectly content to stay home and just enjoy being with my wife. Don't really need any presents either.

I feel bad because I have not gotten out any Christmas decorations and I know how much Amy enjoys them. No tree, no lights, no candy canes, no nothing.

I am just not in the mood.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yeah, but you're not doing the 'bah, humbug' thing yet.

For what it's worth, this is the first Christmas in about 4 years that I'm looking forward to, so I know from whence you come.

Dana said...

That is how I felt last year. You know - first Chrimas without Erin since I was two (and who remembers that far back). This year, I have more than my share of Christmas spirit. You can borrow some of mine.